To be clear: Smoothies are for the lazy! Yes, you heard me. If you have blender it should really take you a total of 2 – 5 minutes to make a Smoothie and clean up after yourself. If you are not convinced about this, ask Anna and you will find a quick and easy way to clean your blender!
So back on track: Smoothies are for the lazy. You can basically throw in all the fruit and vegetables you are supposed to eat, mix them with some liquid and you are good to go! I mainly make them in the afternoon because I need something savoury in the mornings but it would also give you a great start in the day! This is a recipe I just invented and will definitely make more often in the near future.
5 a day Smoothie
(makes 1 large glass)
- 1 cup of frozen fruit (I used strawberry, apple, berry mix)
- 1 handful of baby spinach
- 3 tablespoons granola or müsli (I used my homemade Granola from the BBC GoodFood website)
- 1 cup of Vanilla soy milk
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- Blend all ingredients together smoothly, add some more apple juice when the mixture is too thick and your blender does not rotate properly.
- Serve in a large glass with a straw 🙂